Saturday, January 11, 2020

Cannellini Bean Side Dish

This is so ridiculously easy, I had to share it with you. I needed a side dish to go with dinner and found some red onion, garlic and fresh mint in a container in the fridge. I wanted some beans to go with a grain I made and found a can of cannellini beans in the cupboard. With half a lemon, salt and red chili oil, this is the dish I made in under 10 minutes:

ON THE CUTTING BOARD:






































Cannellini beans, red onion, garlic, fresh mint, olive oil, red hot chili oil,
salt

STEPS:



























































Heat a T. of olive oil in a skillet. Add onion and cook for a couple of minutes and add a clove of minced garlic.  Cook for another minute and then add the beans and mint. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into the skillet and add a quarter tsp. of sea salt.  Because I thought the dish needed some color, I sliced a couple of sun-dried tomatoes and added them. Stir and heat through, take the skillet off the heat and drizzle red hot chili oil into the pan. Mix and serve.

ALLA VOSTRA SALUTE!


No comments:

Post a Comment